How it works
Your headset should pick up and reproduce enough frequencies for quality work.
We recommend 2 options:
- Televic HS15 headset – with 3.5mm jack connector
- Logitech H570e – with USB connector
Here are some of the technical requirements from our Remote Interpreter's Manager:
1. The interpreter's computer CPU must have a CPU Mark score (processing power indicator) higher than 5000, results based on different models can be found in this list :https://www.cpubenchmark. net /CPU_ mega_page.html
2. The operating memory should be equal to or higher than 8 GB of RAM
3. The operating system must be Windows 10 or later; or MacOS 10.15 or later
4. For the best interpreter's experience, your computer should have an Ethernet port with 1 Gbps speed or faster, for cabled internet access
5. The computer must have enough USB ports for audio equipment to be connected in case a respective headset or microphone is used (minimal 1x – if USB headset is used; 2x if Headphones and USB microphone are used as separate devices)
6. The computer must have a 3.5mm jack connector if a respective headset is used
7. The computer must have a constant power supply. If it is a laptop – it must have a working battery and a charger connected, if it is a desktop computer – it must have a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) backup battery connected to it
8. The operating system must have the latest updates
9. The operating system must have the latest Google Chrome installed
10. The operating system must have the latest Interactio Broadcaster software installed
11. The computer must have a video display (monitor), mouse or touchpad, and a full-size keyboard
Interpreters working on the Interactio console are required to have 10-15 Mbps upload/download speed. The network connection has to be wired (Ethernet cable, not Wi-Fi).
To check if your device meets network capabilities, use Interactio troubleshooter https://troubleshooter.interactio.io
We equally accept stationary computers and laptops as long as they meet the technical requirements listed below. Phones and tablets are not sufficient to work on the Interactio interpreter console.
To join the meeting, interpreters need to click on the event link received via email from the Interactio domain. The link will forward interpreters to the registration form, where they’ll have to fill in their name, email and set their own password. After the registration, interpreters can log in with the set credentials, press the Accept option on the Interpreter's Dashboard, and press Start to activate the interpreter console.
As an interpreter, you will need a laptop with a charger or a personal computer and a USB headset with a microphone to join the remote participation panel. We strongly recommend to use professional microphones and input systems for better sound quality. For a stable Internet connection, you have to use cable Internet and have a secure back-up such as mobile data to set up a hot-spot if your Ethernet fails. Also, we highly advise to have a back-up laptop or an additional monitor for emergency situations. In case of sign language interpretation, you can use the default camera on your device or an external camera for better video quality.
Yes, the Interactio remote panel supports relay, allowing interpreters to listen to any of the languages interpreted during the online event.
Interactio can work in integration with any platform or videoconferencing solution.
You can either
1. Open Interactio console and a chosen platform (ex: Zoom) on their computers. In this case, you get the audio/video from the third-party platform and then interpret to the Interactio system.
2. Receive the audio/video from the third-party software captured by the Interactio technician and sent via Interactio broadcaster. In this case, you only need to have Interactio console open.